DC FASHON EVENT RECAP: Lloyd Boston Takes Over Macy's



Style Guru and Jones New York Style Expert, Lloyd Boston launched the Jones New York Style tour at Macy's Tysons Corner Center last Saturday. He was very down-to-earth and definitely made the women in the crowd feel like he was a good friend just trying to help a girl figure out her wardrobe.

For starters, He pulled one lucky winner out of the audience for a head-to-toe makeover, including a fab new outfit courtesy of Jones New York. She was so surprised when her name was called but I am sure that secretly she was hoping her name was called. I know I would have been hoping. Who doesn't love to get pampered and to get new clothes for free?

BEFORE


AFTER



Boston wanted to emphasize that every woman needs to have a few great basics in her wardrobe such as a crisp white shirt, a great suit, outfits that can easily go from day to night. I was able to sit down for a few minutes to talk about style with the fashion guru.

Who are your style icons?

Quincy Jones represents style. Not just style as it pertains to fashion but stylish when it comes to his music and films and television. As far as the women are concerned, I love Diahann Carroll and Diane Keaton. They both has such classic styles. As far as the contemporaries, Mila Kunis is great and of course, I love Halle Berry.

What do you really want women to know?
I want women to know that trends are options not must haves. You don't have to wear trends in order to look great. I love the classics. It's okay to pepper in a few trends with your classic pieces.

How would you describe your personal style?
My style changes depending on what I am doing. On a casual day, you will find me in fitted cargo pants, zip front track jacket, a tissue tee and old school sneakers.


Of course, there was a runway show. My pictures are not great because there was a little mishap, so I didn't get a seat. But here are some of the fab outfits styled by freelance fashion stylist, Carlton Spence along with Jones New York's Creative Director. There was a gold iridescent