FASHION GRAFFITI: Nicole Miller Supports Childrens National Medical Center

Last night I have the privilege to meet the amazing Nicole Miller. She was so lovely and very friendly, not to mention very stylish. I totally love her. I have been following her bridal line over the past few years. But I also adore her fashion line. There were dresses that would be just perfect for New Year's Eve.

But the real reason for the event was to unveil the design concepts for her gorgeous, exclusive jewelry line. Unlike her bridal jewelry line, these pieces have an edge. "My bridal line is full of glitz, but with this line there's an edge to the bling," Miller said. I have to agree. Many of the local fashion community came out to support Miller's mission including Lynda Erkeletian of The ARTIST Agency, Becky Lee of Becky's Fund, and Mary Amons of Labels for Love. There were also plenty of fashionistas ready to set afire to their credit cards trying on clothes and obsessing about which jewelry pieces they wanted to buy.

What was even more amazing than her jewelry line is that fact that proceeds from the sales from the line will directly benefit Children’s National Medical Center. The collection will launch in Spring 2011, and will be available at all Nicole Miller retail boutiques nationwide.

Miller says, "I’ve been impressed with how many thousands of children NCMC has assisted. I was excited to partner with them and to create some unique pieces that could bring awareness to their mission. To me, that’s what it’s all about." For me, too. NCMC saved my son's life 12 years ago. He was having a seizure and thank God for their amazing staff who pulled him through. Just thinking about it makes me cry all over again. Hurray for Nicole Miller. Hurray for NCMC.