Hot Child in the City: Bergdorf Goodman in Washington or Is It Hu's Wear?



I don't know about you, but when I think of fashion, I don't think of brands that the "Washington Lady" likes. When you dress yourself in Tory Burch, and other over-logoized brands, while carrying a Vera Bradley bag, you look idiotic when you say you love fashion. Bergdorf Goodman is one of the few places I can escape the women of the Louis Vuitton handbag club.  Unfortunately, Bergdorfs isn't in the District.  But I swear to you, their cousin is: Hu's Wear in Georgetown.

All I had to hear, in order for me to travel up to Hu's, were the words "Proenza Schouler."  They can boast brands like Isabel Marant, Givenchy, Celine, Alexander McQueen, and The Row.  No one else in DC carries those brands.  So it was only natural when I walked into the store, I thought, "God is real."  Within seconds I was trying on Chloe sunglasses and walking around with a Balenciaga.  Just to my luck, there was a downstairs, where I was bombarded with a rack of Celine.  Best chaos ever.

         

This is what I was talking about.  Celine galore.


Celine galore continued...


And part 3 of Celine Galore.  I was amazed they were able to stock such an amazing brand here in DC.  Listen up ladies and gents, put some Celine in your wardrobe, and you won't be boring.  Bring Paris to the American Paris?


I had a leather seizure when I saw this Row dress.


McQueen.  No question here, but this blouse fantastic.  Am I right, or am I right?


Don't know if you'll be able to buy this Isabel Marant jacket, because I am totally buying it.  


Unknown brand Hache is incredible at making coats.  Obviously you can tell by the picture.


McQueen, again.  I can see this piece in a commercial, "Getting cold this winter?  Throw on some McQueen, and you'll be hot."

Fabulous store, fabulous clothes.  Hu's Wear in Georgetown.

XXC

Cameron Guckert is a DC blogger who focuses on young designers and classic meets edgy designs. You can check out his blog at The Style Corridor.